"I am !"




The time that my journey takes is long
and the way of it long.

I came out on the chariot of the first
gleam of light, and pursued my voyage
through the wilderness of worlds leaving
my track on many a star and planet.

It is the most distant course that comes
nearest to thyself, and that training is the
most intricate which leads to the utter
simplicity of a tune.

The traveler has to knock at every alien
door to come to his own, and one has to
wander through all the outer worlds to
reach the innermost shrine at the end.

My eyes strayed far and wide before I
shut them and said, "Here art thou!"

The question and the cry, "Oh, where?"
melt into tears of a thousand streams and
deluge the world with the flood of the
assurance, "I am!"


P.S:-Gitanjali,Rabinadranath Tagore.

Comments

Pramoda Meduri said…
hey..thank you for the wonderful part from one of the best writers of the world..

The one who understands this and implements this will be the happiest ..
Jack said…
Escapist,

Such depth of thoughts. Nice of you to bring it here from his works.

Take care

Popular posts from this blog

An underlying truth