RED :-)

Guitar -aspen-Colorado
RED CARDINALS STANFIELD
RED CORAL LAMAN
RED CAR

RED CREEK RED FLAG
RED LAKE-KRISTOF
RED LEAF
RED LEAVES
RED LIPSTICK PETTEWAY
RED OATS TAYLOR
RED SEA STAR
RED SHADOW
RED SPONGE LAMAN
RED YARN
RED UMBRELLAS

COLORFUL FACTS ABOUT COLOR

RED

History and Lore: In the Ebers Papyrus, said to be the oldest complete book in existence (c.1550 B.C.), the color red was used for chapter headings, names of diseases, and weights and dosages of drugs. . A red flag was used by the Romans as a signal for battle. In the French Revolution the red flag became the symbol of insurrection. When the Bolsheviks seized power in Russia, they used the red flag as their emblem, and ever since red has been considered the color of communism. The word red in Russian also means "beautiful." In India it is the symbol of the soldier. To the Chinese and the Hopi, it represents the direction south.

Daily Uses: Its excellent visibility qualities in extreme darkness have led to the use of red for stop signs, danger signals, and brake lights. It is also used to designate fire equipment. Its stimulating effect has led to its use for features in advertising, as well as highlights on displays. Red may cause restlessness and insomnia if used in bedrooms, but it is considered appropriate for exercise and play rooms.

Colorful Phrases: Paint the town red, to see red, in the red, red-letter day, red-neck, red tape, red-hot, not worth a red cent, caught red-handed, red-carpet treatment, better dead than red.


Red is supposedly the first color percieved by Man.

Red rose is the symbol of love and fidelity.

Red painted amulettes or red gems, such as ruby or garnet, were used as charms against the "evil eye". Wearing a red ruby was supposed to bring about invincibility.


Now how about playing a song :-) by Chris de burg.........LADY IN RED ( I just looove it,and when ever my itunes play this song,i guess it never stops.......:-)

Lady In Red lyrics

I've never seen you looking so lovely as you did tonight,
I've never seen you shine so bright,
I've never seen so many men ask you if you wanted to dance,
They're looking for a little romance, given half a chance,
And I have never seen that dress you're wearing,
Or the highlights in your hair that catch your eyes,
I have been blind;

The lady in red is dancing with me, cheek to cheek,
There's nobody here, it's just you and me,
It's where I want to be,
But I hardly know this beauty by my side,
I'll never forget the way you look tonight;

I've never seen you looking so gorgeous as you did tonight,
I've never seen you shine so bright, you were amazing,
I've never seen so many people want to be there by your side,
And when you turned to me and smiled, it took my breath away,
And I have never had such a feeling,
Such a feeling of complete and utter love, as I do tonight;

The lady in red is dancing with me, cheek to cheek,
There's nobody here, it's just you and me,
It's where I want to be,
But I hardly know this beauty by my side,
I'll never forget the way you look tonight;

I never will forget the way you look tonight...
The lady in red, the lady in red,
The lady in red, my lady in red,

I love you...


P.S:- Now i guess my day was " RED"-------Hmmmmmm i mean i really love him......

Comments

Anonymous said…
What can I say???
Bloody red post! Nice images and a cute info about the color.
I enjoyed till the end..
Well written and posted..
Keep blogging!
the header is so precious!
i love it! very cute!

p.s. thanks for the comment.
i appreciate it alot!

http://momfashionworld.blogspot.com/
Angela said…
My favorite red is red with blue undertone. or the ferrari red.
Escapist said…
Even i love red !


joolliieess:-)
We Blog Artists said…
I agree with proudly says...love your banner...so cute!
AND your red post is spectacular.
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such kind words...I FINISHED the mural today...and just posted pics.
Have a lovely weekend!
Char.
khaye said…
wow! nice color of red i really like it, especially the red umbrellas it is very cool..
by the way, thanks for dropping by to my blog...

khaye=)
nazia said…
Wow !
Thats beautiful,im loving it.
nazia said…
N yeah that song RED IN LADY is awesome....
Arv said…
I like Red..

nice informative post with lovely pics...

thanks mate...

take care..

cheers...
PinkPanthress said…
The red is so vibrant in each & every picture and everything is so crisp, amazing assemblage! <3

P.S.: Always have loved the Song!
jali blog said…
hey there...nice picture
i come from Indonesian to follow your blog:)
marigirl said…
I love your color study on red, especially all the phrases with red in them. What a fun idea! :)
Leif Hagen said…
Namaste - you have a very colorful and unusual blog! It was very fun looking through your photos which I just discovered this morning. Dhanyavadagalu
Kind regards from EAGAN daily photo in Minnesota, USA

Popular posts from this blog

An underlying truth