Puerility

Thursday !
It was 7 pm went out to get some sweets,walking down on the shores of Dal Lake,it was so airy that i wanted to walk for while,tourist where busy all along shopping,relaxing ! Even lot of them were enjoying Shikara ride (Boat ride),there i saw few children busy with swimming,and taunting each other,it prompted me of my childhood ! How great was it ,how effervescing was it ! how wonderful was it! peep peep and my driver came up,and i left to home.
This inspired me of a beautiful ghazal by versatile singer "Jagjit Singh"

ye daulat bhii le lo, ye shoharat bhii le lo
(You can take away my wealth,even my fame)
bhale chhiin lo mujhase merii javaanii
(Even though if you take my teenage)
magar mujhako lautaa do bachapan kaa saavan
( But then give me back my childhood seasons)
vo kaagaz kii kashtii, vo baarish kaa paanii
( Those playing paper boats, that rainy water)
muhalle kii sabase nishaanii puraanii
(Towns Antiques )
vo budhiyaa jise bachche kahate the naanii
(That old women whom we called granny )



Wrrrr !!! If god asks me now what do i really crave these days,i am sure i will just ask for my childhood !!!

How about all others ! What wish do you gonna make....

Comments

Couture Carrie said…
Beautiful photos!

xoxox,
CC
Yes I have listened to that gazal a few years back....around 95 i guess....it is a beautiful gazal...a friend of mine translated to me.....so intriguing and so beautifully sung by great Jagjitji....Thanks for reminding that beautiful song and comments too :)
IdleMind said…
Great feeling ... the way you merged Jagjit Singh with your thoughts deserve appreciation. Nice to stop by ur space!
Escapist said…
@ Couture -Thnkx
@ Greener--No doubt about Jagjit Singh!

@ Idle Mind--Loadz of thnku...

Jolliieesss!!!!
Opaque said…
Oh, such beautiful lines! Thanks for sharing!
Anonymous said…
i have visited your dis blog first time..today

super collection of photos.. and there is perfection in your work..

jagjitsingh ki gazal mene bhi suni huwi hai.. mast hai ye gazal! Description to jivant hi hai lekin fir bhi gazal ne ku6 khaas hi rang bhar diye is post me..
Calli said…
Lovely pics and words...

~Calli
Syed said…
Growing up is inescapable, but growing old is a choice ;) I think we all need to rediscover our inner child every once in a while.
Gabbi said…
I'm with you on the childhood dear Escapist... lovely post.

Wishing you a great weekend!♥
Maya said…
i liked that song,,,
All Is Whole said…
Hmmmmmm....
We all crave for same thing..see, how close we all are..

Smiles :)
Prashant

Popular posts from this blog

An underlying truth